If you are starting a small business, you have probably read all about bootstrapping your startup and keeping your business lean. Great advice but the old adage about spending money to make money is as true today as ever. It may be wise for you to clean your own office, for example, but don’t skimp on the things that give your business presence.
Branding is key when it comes to competing with the bigger, established companies in your market and you can’t afford to put it off. Here are a couple of items that you should invest in early to get your business off on the right foot.
- Logo: If a picture is worth a thousand words than your logo is worth tens of thousands of dollars, at least. A good graphic designer will help you create an image to communicate your brand concept. Think of all of the trademarks and logos that you know instantaneously and consider the types of associations you make. You want to your organization to be recognized as a player? Look like a contender from the start and not like the garage business you might actually be right now.
- Business Cards: The unsung ‘signs’ of business, the business card is the little piece of your company a prospect carries away with him or her so don’t leave it to your home office printer or some discount, on-line card design application. If you are selling quality (and let’s face it, who isn’t) then make sure that the mini-signs you drop all over town and pass around at your local BNI or Chamber meeting reflect the quality you offer. Use a professional graphics designer to incorporate your logo into a clear, well formatted, quality printed business card. If you aren’t serious about your business card, then you aren’t serious about your business.
- Lobby Signage: Convey the culture and image of your business immediately as clients enter your offices. There is no better way to make a great first impression than with a lobby sign designed to reflect the business you are in and the types of clients you serve.
- Exterior Signage: Don’t be afraid to announce your presence. There is no better way to stake your claim in the market and to get noticed by potential customers than with a clear, prominent and attractive building or site sign. You don’t have to be a big box store to have illuminated channel letters. There are great signage options in every size and style available. Look like you mean business and are here to stay.
- Vehicle Graphics: Whether you are considering magnets, window clings, vinyl letters, partial or full body wraps, don’t miss out on a great opportunity to promote your new endeavor by creating rolling billboards of your company vehicle(s). Vehicles are viewed more frequently than any form of print media locally. Make that car or service vehicle do double duty by putting your name, contact information and tag line out in front of people all day, every day.
These are the basics to incorporate into that new business marketing plan that you can’t afford to skip. We can help you create a consistent brand image and outfit your business with the tools you’ll need to succeed. Contact SignScapes, Inc. today for a consultation.